What if I’ve never tried a cycling class before and I’m not a biker?
You don’t even need to know how to ride a bike to come to a spin class! At the start of each class, our instructors will help fit you properly on the bike to ensure a safe ride. You control your own gears and are able to pace the workout out to your own ability. At Club Cycle, we cycle to the beat of the music. As you ride, you have control of your gears. The RED KNOB on our bikes control the levels of tension. Turn to the right to increase tension, turn to the left to decrease tension. Throughout the whole ride as long as you are on beat, you will be A OK! :)
Do I need bike shoes or need to wear anything special?
You do not need bike shoes – you can wear a gym shoe or any other hard-soled athletic shoe. (Bike shoes with SPD clips are recommended, but not necessary.) We do have spin shoes for free if you ever want to try or use our shoes for class. You will sweat a lot, so comfortable workout clothes are recommended.
How do I sign up for a class?
1. Click on LOGIN/SIGNUP tab
2. Register for a free account.
3. Purchase a series that best fits your schedule.
4. Reserve a class!
Can I cancel a class?
You must cancel a class 12 hours before your scheduled class in order to avoid penalty. You can cancel online under MY Account. If you don't cancel within 12 hours of your class, you will forfeit one credit and be charged "no show fee" of $5.00.
Is there a wait list?
Yes, there is a wait list option. Please note that you will be notified by email as soon as a bike has opened up for you. Remember, when you put yourself on a waitlist, the system uses one of your credits to hold your place and automatically places you in class when a spot opens. You will be sent an email once you have been placed in class from the wait list.
YOU WILL NOT RECIEVE A PHONE CALL FROM THE STUDIOS AS THE STUDIOS MAY NOT BE OPENED WHEN THIS TAKES PLACE. If you have made other plans and do not plan to attend class, please remove yourself from the wait list to avoid penalty. You may remove yourself under My Account on our website.
At class time, if there are empty spots, students will be added to the class on a first come, first serve basis and not from the on-line wait list. Thus, if you are on the wait list and have not been added to the class, you will need to come to the Studios prior to class and put your name on the class time wait list.
What happens if I don't show up for class?
If you don’t cancel and just don’t show up-you will forfeit one credit AND be charged a $5 No Show fee.
Is spinning a good workout for burning calories and losing weight?
Spinning is one of the most effective and efficient workouts you can do. Not only can you burn anywhere from 400-800 calories (depending on your weight), but you get the bonus of toning your gluts, hamstrings, quads and core. Our studio is set up with cutting-edge performance technology from Performance IQ that provides our clients the option to participate in competitive racing (or to track your progress from class to class). It’s a great motivator!
OK, I reserved a bike. What happens if I can’t make it to class?
Stuff happens, we know. If you've reserved a class and you don't show up, you will be charged one class credit. You can cancel your reservation up till 12 hours before class online thru your account. If you have any questions you can call us. We don't have a lot of rules, but this one is important. No exceptions.
What items should I bring to class with me?
2. Towel (We do offer towels for FREE if you ever forget your towel)
3. Cycling shoes (If you have them)
Do you have parking?
Yes! We have plenty of FREE PARKING in our huge parking lot.
What type of bikes do you use?
Club Cycle uses the Spinner Pro bikes. The Spinner® Pro, manufactured by Star Trac® is classically simple yet elegant with the same geometry and feel as a road bike and the durability of a full commercial machine. You'll ride flats, climb hills and blast into jumps like you were paid to do it.
- Classic steel frame design has been proven in thousands of clubs around the world.
- Superior biomechanics with a bottom bracket Q-factor of 158 mm.
- Dual oversized easy access water bottle holders integrated into the handlebars.
- Pedals: Designed specifically for the Spinning® program, our SPD®-compatible, dual-sided platform pedals provide comfort and stability for the casual rider and clip-in capability for use with cycling shoes.
- Seat Post: Stainless steel, corrosion resistant seat post.
- Seat Slider: Fore and aft adjustability ensures a great fit for all shapes and sizes.
- Saddle: Flexible seat base with double-density padding and anatomical cutout ensures comfort throughout any workout.
- Crank System: Increased size and strength in the bearings, cranks, and axle provide dependable performance for every ride.
Will I be a better person and way cooler if I come to Club Cycle?